Thursday, 8 November 2012

#271

So I was referred to NUH A&E walk-in by the polyclinic doctor this evening when I went to the polyclinic to see a doctor regarding the huge pimple-like thing in my ear. He was like rushing cus it was about time for him to get off work and he didnt explain properly. He gave me a heart attack I was so terrified. :(

The doctor at NUH gave me a choice between taking a course of antibiotics for a week to see if it'll burst on it's own or operation (Idk if it counts as operation. I think she just needs to make a cut in my cyst to let the impurities, bacteria, dirt, etc out). My mum went with me to the hospital but we had to ask my dad, he knows better.. Initially, we were afraid if the cyst burst and the pus oozed out, it would go into my ear and cause adverse effects. That's why we went to see the doctor in the first place haha. But the doctor said it is no cause for concern. (Gahhh distracted, lost my train of thought)

My dad wanted me to go for the operation without local anesthesia!! xO He said it was just a small operation, wont hurt much........ Because he was afraid the anesthesia would worsen my asthma.... He just dont think it was good for me. I was like oh my god.

When we went back in (we went out to talk on the phone with my dad), there was another doctor in the room. He examined my ear and they talked some medical jargon, then he said I should take the course of antibiotics first. He said it's best to get the whole thing out, performed by a specialist, instead of just making a cut and cleaning the wound because getting everything out prevents it from recurring.

Gahhhhhh. So Im on antibiotics for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment